We are a large-scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia. With over 20 years' local experience and the backing of a 37,000 global network, we currently have 1,400 employees, the majority of which are based in Canberra and Melbourne. We are growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges. At Leidos you'll enjoy 12 weeks' paid parental leave as a primary career, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions.Job Description
As the Project Engineering Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of systems, software and ILS engineers to design, build and deliver an enterprise data integration and discovery platform within the C4ISR domain. You will be working with some established teams and other times you will need to build a team from scratch!
This is the ultimate role where you have the best of both worlds, delivery as well as pre-delivery, this is where you can choose your own adventure and respond to tenders that you design with our SME's across the organisation.
Your leadership and governance of the project engineering team will require planning and leading the technical design, establishing and maintaining baselines and leading formal and informal engineering reviews.
- Manage the systematic conversion of customer requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, enterprise, schedule, and cost constraints
- Manage agile software development, integration, test deployment and logistics support
- Monitor subcontractor and team performance against plan and use your experience working in Defence environments to ensure regulatory compliance
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and in the customer organisation, and provide guidance to ensure complex interface definition problems are solved
- Work with the program manager and team leads to manage risk and ensure successful program delivery
As an engineering leader you will have a Bachelor degree or higher in engineering or a related discipline, together with substantial relevant professional experience and specialised training. You will preferably have CPEng accreditation or equivalent. An NV1 or higher security clearance is also required for this role.
Coupled with your education you will have:
- Over 10 years professional experience working in a senior role with engineering responsibility for large scale, complex, software-centric programs
- Experience working within Defence Technical Regulation frameworks
- Experience working in a System Integrator organisation
- Experience of systems and software engineering, enterprise architecture and interface protocols
- Proven ability to resolve complex technical problems with strong conceptual and analytical skills
Your personal and professional attributes will include strong leadership and organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and to influence key
stakeholders. Your career will demonstrate that you consistently produce excellent results in complex environments and that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.Additional Information
This role does require the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and be eligible to gain a Baseline Security Clearance
The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.