Australia - New South Wales, Sydney - AUJob Summary
As a result of a significant project pipeline, AECOM is looking for a highly experienced engineer to lead its Buried Structures capability in Sydney. Working with a large and highly experienced Civil Infrastructure - Bridges & Structures Team, you will support a range of projects for a broad range of clients on local, regional and inter-state projects.
Working with a team of specialists, this role will give you the opportunity to further develop your engineering, design and management skills. You will work with a number of internal and external clients and will be involved in key stakeholder engagement processes, contributing to the growth of our business.
This role is focused on active leadership of transportation projects, in addition to consolidating and increasing technical capabilities in the field of buried structures within a team of engineers. As a discipline lead, you will provide technical mentorship, guidance, and training to the engineering team, in addition to regular collaboration with interstate peers and Technical Practice Group members.Minimum Requirements
- Experience working for an engineering design consultancy - highly regarded
- Knowledge, competency and local experience in structural design and preparation of design schemes, models and calculations.
- Demonstrated skills in leading and managing projects (or components of), and budgets to meet time and resource requirements.
- Demonstrated experience as an integrated team member delivering complex projects and meeting delivery requirements
- Timeliness and accuracy of completing tasks and delivering
- A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn and a desire to work in a dynamic deadline driven team environment and develop other team members
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for quality of deliverables produced by the delivery team
- Demonstrated technical experience in producing and delivering structural assessments and designs for complex projects
- Advanced structural analysis - pushover, non-linear, time history, finite element analysis
- Familiar with modelling behaviours of a variety of material types and construction methodologies such as in-situ reinforced concrete, steel, prestressed, precast, post-tensioned, CFRP
- Familiar with a range of buried structures applications
- Understanding of soil - structure interaction
- Highly proficient in the use of Engineering software packages and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work and collaborate in 3D environment
This role is ideal for individuals who enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with engineers, drafters and designers at varying levels of experience. We are looking for experienced professionals who will take on a technical mentoring role for our junior staff whilst growing their own career within an international consultancy.Preferred Qualifications
What We Offer
- Tertiary qualification in engineering (preferably structural).
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - StructuralBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.