All living things depend on water, it is the building block that supports all life. Water issues are becoming increasingly prominent as we struggle with disparity between water availability and demands, water pollution, and competition for limited water resources. At Jacobs, we recognise these challenges, and our engineers, scientists, and planners are working together with clients to find the right solutions to their water challenges.
We are looking to hire an Associate Water & Wastewater - Civil Engineer to join our Water team for our Melbourne and regional Victoria operations. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated and high-performing team of water professionals to deliver a range of significant projects for both public and private sector clients both locally and nationally.
The Associate Water and Wastewater Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Innovative and visionary thinking towards pragmatic solution development
- Working collaboratively with both external stakeholders and teams
- Driving the technical quality of water and wastewater infrastructure design projects.
- Project management of a range of projects or program work packages
- Design development and delivery through the full spectrum of the project life cycle to ensure work output is of a technically high standard.
- Involved in the production and review of concise high-quality technical documentation.
- Contributing to the design team by actively assisting colleagues in achieving improved client feedback results, enhance satisfaction, and exceed client expectations.
- Assisting in preparing and coordinating high-quality proposals and pursuits.
- Working collaboratively with a team including on large-scale multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects and programs.
- Coordinating with Ecology, Cultural heritage, planning and other specialists' teams for optimum delivery of project solutions
- Help develop and mentor younger engineers, both on projects and through structured training.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of managing projects including multi-disciplinary projects.
- Significant experience in the Victorian Water sector in a consultancy environment.
- Experience in detailed design of water and wastewater infrastructure projects, with specific experience in pipeline and pump station design.
- Good knowledge of relevant industry related Australian Standards and WSAA codes. Previous experience with MRWA (Melbourne Retail Water Agencies) WSAA codes and accreditation with the MRWA would be advantageous.
- Chartered Engineer or actively working towards chartered status.
- Well-developed use and understanding of Civil 3D modelling software, 2D and 3D CADD software would be advantageous.
- Understanding of related safety in design practices and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively, both internally and externally.
- The ability to prepare successful proposals with the correct scope and budget.
- The ability to submit technical reports to a high standard requiring minimal correction; and provide final review of reports.
- Experience in Design and Construction projects would be advantageous.
From our inclusive employee networks to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
#ANZWaterEngineering #LI-RK2 #APMEWaterOrganization:
AU - Melbourne Flinders Street, Level 11, 452 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Melbourne, 3000Capabilities:
Water and Wastewater