At Jacobs, we push the limits of what's possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together. Your Impact
You will be responsible for total delivery of the structural deliverables and services on time, within performance budget and meeting quality expectations. Duties may also include performing advanced engineering work serving as a technical specialist for a complex engineering assignment. Work at this level requires extensive progressive experience in structural engineering and involves utilization of project controls for cost, schedule and quality of projects
Your positive and inclusive approach will promote Jacobs' core values and prioritise the health and wellbeing of our people. You will be engaged, resilient and adaptable, and strive for innovation while maintaining outstanding project delivery. You will align your personal career goals with key business objectives to support the achievement of business goals and build a satisfying and rewarding career. You will support the Built Environment team to promote global collaboration and cross-geography relationships to maximise the benefits of Global Integrated Delivery for our clients and our people. You will
You will have
- Develop, design, and facilitate the documentation of structural engineering solutions in response to a client's brief to an industry standard
- Provide technical leadership and direction in the design of Built Environment infrastructure within the section and on projects.
- Maintain competency in the field of structural engineering and stay up-to-date with contemporary practice and trends in the industry.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers and take an active role in their technical development.
- Practice ethically and professionally.
- Bachelor level degree
- Chartered Professional Engineer
- Experience in Project Management tools
- Understanding of technical standards for design, construction, and maintenance
- Previous technical experience in discipline(s) relevant to design, including complex civil and bridges structures design.
- Significant experience on large projects
- Knowledge of the local environment, relevant industry.
- Excellent communications skills
- Negotiation skills
- Confidence (able to challenge when required and appropriate)
- Desire to achieve high quality outputs and deliver excellent service
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we're committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we've gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You'll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs .