Jacobs Ecological Consultants deliver complex and technically challenging local, regional and national projects to our clients across a wide range of industry sectors and major development activities. We service clients across renewable energies, water infrastructure, public utilities, transport infrastructure, resources and Defence, and our team often collaborate with our broader engineering or environmental approvals teams.
Due to continued growth in the ecology business nationally, we are seeking to appoint an Associate level Ecologist to join our Sydney team, reporting through to the Section Leader for Ecology and Heritage, ANZ. The successful candidate will work closely with the Sydney and Newcastle ecology teams, the broader national ecology practice, and other specialist colleagues across our business. These include environmental approvals specialists, planning and environmental management, project management, spatial science and survey, along with water, transport and other engineering services.
The role is ideally based in Sydney but will involve regional and interstate field work at times as we deliver our services as part of a national team.
Key accountabilities include
- Undertake and assist with management and delivery of terrestrial ecological surveys and studies, principally within New South Wales, but with some scope for work across other states
- Assist with the provision of ecological advice to Jacobs Project Managers and our clients in the form of concise and relevant reporting
- Lead, or provide experienced contribution to, the NSW ecology team's projects and activities, including in winning work, project management and delivery of the ecological components of projects
- Undertake a variety of specialist roles relating to project delivery based on relevant experience. Types of input will relate to vegetation and/or fauna surveys, threatened species analysis, BAM assessments
- Develop and diversify ecology skills within the team through sharing project experience, mentoring and training of junior staff
- Assist with proposal development and work continuity
- Technical input to projects, provision of client advice, project management and participation in ecology assessments for a wide variety of multi-disciplinary projects and sectors.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
- Tertiary qualification in Ecology or Environmental Science related discipline, ideally with honours
- Field survey experience - planning, mobilising and managing health and safety risks
- Driver's license essential, 4wd experience and accreditation preferable
- Some experience in GIS, field mapping and developing and managing spatial datasets would be looked upon favourably
- Working knowledge, and experience with, the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act
- Working knowledge of NSW guidelines for the removal, destruction or lopping of native vegetation and other relevant state environmental legislation.
- BAM Accreditation and advanced botany skills would be favourably looked upon
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently and in a team to learn from another perspective
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we'recommitted todriving aculture of caring where you can be you.Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally- and together, ourdiverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share!By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility alwaystopof mind, we've gonebeyond traditionalways of working so you have thesupport, means and spaceto maximise your potential. You'll uncoverflexibleworking arrangements,benefits andopportunities to do goodtoo -fromparticipating in our global givingand volunteeringprogram,toexploring new and inventive ways tohelp our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you'll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs
AU - Sydney Pacific Highway, Level 7, 177 Pacific Highway, North Sydney NSW, North Sydney, 2060Capabilities:
Natural Resources Planning and Management