Do you have extensive engineering experience in large scale operations and want to contribute to Australia’s Defence and security?
Land Domain, Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG), within Department of Defence, is a key enabler to the preparedness of the Australian Defence Force through the acquisition and through-life support of military equipment and supplies.
With a combined APS and military workforce, Land Domain manages the delivery of around 30 complex projects and 30 sustainment products, with an annual budget outlay in excess of $1 billion.
We are offering a challenging and rewarding engineering opportunity in an organisation that values and promotes diversity. If you have experience in leading large and diverse teams through significant and challenging reform, then this role may be for you.
We are looking for a person who is:
• an engineering professional with experience inside large and complex organisations;
• capable of leading significant and challenging reforms; and
• an exceptional communicator and manager.
As a Branch Head (SES Band 1) you will join the Senior Leadership Group that plays a key role in promoting and influencing a shared civilian/military commitment in the strategic direction of Defence. In this role you will:
• lead and manage a Branch practicing engineering at a very high level of expertise and exercise the highest level of engineering leadership
• lead and manage performance to achieve outcomes in a multi-disciplined, complex and changing environment.
• practice inclusive leadership and collaboration
• demonstrate high judgement and capitalise on innovative alternatives to resolve complex problems
• effectively challenge the status quo when required
• demonstrate resilience and personal accountability for the quality of advice and delivery of results
The successful applicant will lead the Branch in Land Domain within the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group that is responsible for the provision of engineering services that support capability acquisition and sustainment activities.
To be successful in joining the Senior Leadership Group you will exemplify the One Defence Leadership behaviours and engender a culture of innovation, collaboration and agility. You will be self-aware, positive in considering and respecting a diversity of ideas and perspectives of others.
To be eligible for the role, you must be:
• An Australian citizen or intending to become one, and
• Assessed as suitable to hold and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 2 security clearance.
• Applicants must hold a four year engineering degree along with Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status conferred by Engineers Australia or the ability to obtain CPEng status within a reasonable period. This is a security-designated position located in Melbourne. Interstate travel should be expected.
To discuss the requirements of this position, after first obtaining the Information Pack, please telephone the Major General Andrew Bottrell, Head Land Systems on (03) 9282 6696.
Applicant information packs, including selection criteria and application instructions, can be obtained by visiting https://defencecareers.nga.net.au/cp/?audiencetypecode=defenceext. Applications close at 11:30pm (AEST) Monday, 16 September 2019.
For Senior Executive Service administrative recruitment enquiries please contact the Directorate of Senior Officer Management on 02 6265 1742 or DSOM@defence.gov.au.
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at anytime