Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers' critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy's fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it's our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
NSM promotes diversity and alternate ways of working including part-time. About the role
The Data Analyst is responsible for providing technical expertise in data gathering, validation, processing and reporting to support the implementation, evolution and improvement of the Logistics Support Analysis Environment (LSAe) program.
About you Essential
- Lead and contribute to a "Safety First" culture through leadership and participation in HSE activities and initiatives
- Proactively seek to understand NSM's strategic intent and direction, statutory and business requirements, and evolving customer needs
- Work in a team environment
- Acquire data from primary and/or secondary data sources, validate, and cleanse data
- Use statistical methods and techniques to analyse and interpret data
- Develop, implement, and actively manage databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality
- Provide quality assurance of imported data
- Process confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalisation
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards
- Provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Build and nurture collaborative relationships with the NSM staff and LHD Enterprise staff and OEMs
- Assist the Data Modeler to enable the seamless implementation of the LSAe program
- Actively contribute to and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics
- Relevant industry experience in a data analyst role of more than 6 years
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience in the support and/or development of Logistics Support and Analysis artefacts.
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Working knowledge of applicable software tools, databases and programming techniques
- Working knowledge of data models, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques