EXPATRIATE ASSIGNMENTS IN USA
- Are you looking for a new challenge whilst working overseas?
- Are you a qualified aerospace engineer with structural analysis experience?
- We are now seeking talented aerospace structural engineers to work in St. Louis, Missouri, USA for two years on expatriate assignment.
- These roles will be embedded within the Boeing St. Louis supporting the United States Navy (USN) F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Service Life Modification (SLM) program. Work will be primarily in strength and fatigue analysis associated with Super Hornet structural life assessments, structural modification designs and development of the Super Hornet Structural Repair Manual. The roles will then repatriate to Australia (QLD) and provide ongoing structural engineering support for the USN.
- Opportunities exist across a range of experience levels, ranging from junior engineers (minimum 2 years work experience in aerospace structural engineering) to experienced engineers (10+ years work experience in aerospace structural engineering). All roles require as a minimum qualification a Bachelor's degree in engineering. Two roles are available commencing in 3Q 2020.
- Develops, integrates and documents structural requirements to establish the system design
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product's environment
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools
- Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied
- Supports in-service products by investigating failures and analysing improvements
- Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort
To be successful, you will have:
- A tertiary engineering degree qualification acceptable for membership to Engineers Australia
- Previous experience in aerospace structural engineering including one of the following:
- structural repairs, MRB
- Structural static and fatigue analysis
- Finite element modelling (PATRAN, NASTRAN)
Applicants should describe the engineering authorities that they hold (or have held in the past) and the associated scope, the engineering design and analysis tools with which they are familiar, their preferred start date in USA and their willingness to work at RAAF Base Amberley upon completion of the assignment.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements. Due to United States Government export requirements, dual citizens (other than AUS/USA) cannot be considered for these roles.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.