HeliMods is an internationally renowned aerospace technology company, operating from a world-class facility on Queensland's beautiful Sunshine Coast.
We make a tangible, lasting contribution to local and global communities by providing innovative, world-leading aerospace products that enable our customers to perform a range of critical missions, including emergency medical retrieval, search and rescue, aerial policing and disaster relief.
Our continuous growth, innovation and business success has been recognised through various prestigious awards, including 2019 Premier of Queensland's Regional Exporter of the Year and 2018 Telstra Queensland Business of the Year.
HeliMods is a dynamic, high-growth business, with a strong performance culture that values innovation, creativity, accountability and collaboration. Our amazing team is vibrant, energetic and rich with different skillsets, backgrounds and experience, sharing in a common passion for working together to solve complex problems in novel ways to create meaningful impact.
Our uniquely networked and flexible organisation structure enables our people to be agile, responsive and empowered to make decisions quickly. Career progression looks less like climbing a ladder and more like a continuous flow of exciting, meaningful opportunities that facilitate personal development and technical mastery.
As a high-performance organisation, we're dedicated to empowering our people and challenging convention, and we know that combining teams of talented people with the best technology and real-world problems leads to amazing outcomes. We unashamedly work hard and aim to push the boundaries in everything we do, while sharing a common sense of fun and celebrating both the small and big wins.
HeliMods is seeking aerospace certification / compliance verification engineers from all relevant engineering streams and specialties, including flight analysis/test, structural, mechanical, mechatronic, electrical/avionics, and software engineering, with 5 - 15 years of relevant and progressive industry experience that have a real passion for applying their knowledge into development of innovative technologies.
If successful, you will be working on exciting new products for our civil and military clients, developing organisational technical capabilities, and mentoring junior engineers to accelerate their development. You will be responsible within the teams you support for timely, high-quality delivery against challenging project targets, whilst ensuring compliance of designs and processes to relevant standards within the organisation's framework and approvals.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with diverse and experienced peers, get hands-on with state-of-the-art airframes in our world-class facility, and drive some of the best available technology in an energetic, collaborative, innovative culture that recognises performance and accountability, and celebrates success.
We'll work with you to find a development pathway that utilises your passions to accelerate your career development while delivering a diverse range of outputs that are critical to the organisation's overall delivery.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) in aeronautical, aerospace, mechanical, mechatronic, computing, software or electrical engineering.
- 5 - 15 years of relevant industry experience, including:
- Compliance planning, demonstration and reporting.
- Experience working within the CASR Part 21 regulatory framework.
- Supplementary experience working within with EASA and/or DASA Part 21 regulatory frameworks is highly desirable.
- The energy, intelligence and initiative to proactively overcome industries' toughest challenges.
- The creativity, curiosity and open-mindedness to explore alternative approaches, question conventional thinking, and drive and adapt to change.
- The people skills and collaborative focus that brings out the best in yourself and others within small, dynamic, multi-disciplinary teams.
- The leadership skills that see you naturally taking on accountability for outcomes, from getting hands-on as required to boost team output and demonstrate best practice, to providing constructive, supportive feedback on work you review to support the development of our young, talented engineers and the peers around you.
A typical day on-site
Unlike many traditional engineering firms, our engineers have an immediate impact in a broad range of areas and the opportunity to direct their personal growth over time. This includes:
- Supporting our engineering team in developing digital and physical prototypes using CAD, virtual and augmented reality, 3D printing and fabrication equipment.
- Creating or mentoring team in CAD, CAM, computational analyses, and compliance testing in support of manufacturing or certification activities.
- Creating or mentoring team in compliance planning and compliance demonstration processes, and other technical design aspects relevant to your engineering domain expertise.
- Conducting research on technical methods to tackle difficult engineering challenges, or on automated systems to increase our quality and productivity.
- Representing the organisation with high value clients or on high value projects as a technical lead and subject matter expert.
- Supporting and carrying out pragmatic design reviews, issuing design approvals under HeliMods' 21.J Approved Design Organisation certificate, and representing the organisation with national aviation authorities in pursuit of certifications to allow our innovative products to be integrated across helicopter fleets across the globe.
Our top performers
- Deliver and inspire outstanding work with minimal guidance, managing time and priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Are multi-disciplined and adapt quickly and flexibly to the needs of a situation.
- Provide sound, well considered technical input, thrive under pressure, and expect a lot of themselves.
- Are open, respectful and collaborative, and proactively maintain healthy alignment with the organisation's culture, purpose and direction.
What we need for you to proceed...
- Provide a cover letter highlighting what interests you most about the role as well as the impacts you believe you can make to our growing, talented team.
- Provide your CV including demonstration of relevant experience as well as your passion for design, technology and engineering.
Apply for This Job