This role will work in Germany initially for one year and then transfer permanently to Brisbane,
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This role will initially be based in Germany (either in Hamburg or Unterlüß) for one (1) year and will then transfer to our Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence Facility in Brisbane, Australia.
The Active Protection System Lead Engineer is responsible for managing and overseeing the weapon system integration. This role is required to undertake system level analysis through to specification of system requirements into the internal design team and sub-contractors.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Undertake system level analysis through to specification of system requirements into the internal design team and sub-contractors.
- Identify Key Risks, issues and develop mitigations.
- Undertake trades and balances to determine optimum system design within the sub-system boundaries.
- Apply your working knowledge of Weapon and Survivability systems including threats and countermeasure technologies and techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and manage analysis, and modelling techniques for system performance.
- Be involved in the development of weapon mounting systems, weapon control systems and ordnance stowage.
- Applied, working knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic integration of weapon systems into the wider system design including reversionary modes and design for safety.
- Work closely with other Engineers and Designers including Speciality subject matter experts for FEA, Operational Environment, EMC, Human Factors, Safety, Security, Environmental and Legislation.
- Development of interface requirements specifications between the Active Protection Systems and other turret systems such as the Electrical and Electronic Architecture, Sensor Systems, Turret Drive Systems and the turret structure.
- Demonstrate experience of developing to ordnance safety standards and requirements for the design, qualification and acceptance of safety critical systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop test procedures and specifications for weapon systems including the specification, design and implementation of test rigs.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Transparency. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering.
- Hold or working towards Chartered Professional Engineer status with Engineers Australia.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience with survivability, weapon and sensor systems.
- Specific technical domain knowledge and practical experience of weapon system integration is essential.
- Applied knowledge of Defensive Aids Systems Development.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined team of engineering and technical staff.
- Previous Defence Industry experience in delivering complex platforms/systems is beneficial.
- Ability to travel interstate and internationally when required.
- Be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance (NV1) and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment screening.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Opportunity to work in Germany
This role will work in Germany initially for one year and then transfer permanently to Brisbane, Australia. Our team will support and guide you through the transfer every step of the way including advice for living in Germany, detailed guides, tax support, removal services, booking your travel (i.e. flights) and a support service is provided to you for emergency and medical assistance whilst living in Germany. Our HR team in Germany will also be there to assist with your visa, engage a local relocation vendor to assist with the home search and orientation activities, facilitate German language training as well as arrange your temporary accommodation upon arrival in Germany.
What's on offer?
- Attractive Remuneration package, salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their immediate families overall wellbeing.