- Hybrid work model, Officer location
- Band 6, starting $85k - $100k+ super (depending on experience)
- Maximum term, full time (3 years), open to secondment opportunities from 6 months to a year.
About the role
Join our Community Infrastructure Delivery business unit in an integral role as the Water Sensitive Cities officer. You will be responsible for providing specialist professional advice relating to Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) and Integrated Water Management to Cardinia Shire Council staff and the local community. Importantly, you will work within a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Civil Projects some of your duties will include,
- Support the Planning & Design, Community Infrastructure Delivery and other Capital works delivery teams in approval, design review and construction issues and the Operations teams for maintaining assets
- Deliver Improvement Actions from the WSUD AMP 2020-2024
- Manage WSUD capital works program, maintain oversight of WSUD asset condition through Council
- Deliver a planning and development guideline for WSUD specific for Cardinia and support Statutory Planning, Community Infrastructure Delivery and Operations in implementation of the guidelines
- Provide advice to and work with Community Groups such as ‘Landcare’ on Water Sensitive Issues
You will have sound knowledge and experience in the design of design and construction of WSUD projects, including the use of specialist engineering design computer software (e.g. MUSIC). Your well-developed stakeholder engagement and project management skills will allow you to excel in this busy and important role.
You will also require:
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Environmental Engineering or equivalent, with several years’ experience in WSUD practices.
- Experience in providing specialist advice on WSUD, with experience in support and training on WSUD, with demonstrated capacity-building outcomes.
- Knowledge of subdivisional, planning and development procedures and statutory requirements for developments
- Knowledge of civil drainage engineering in the municipal environment
Cardinia Shire Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on our diversity and investment in our staff. Everything we do is underpinned by our Together, Different and for the Future approach, embracing collaboration and innovation across teams, with other agencies, and our community.
We seek people with diverse experience and background, then provide you with the tools for career success. You will have access to targeted training through our learning and development programs to enable you to achieve your professional goals and excel in your role.
We offer opportunities to work flexibly, balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships and health insurance, annual leave loading and access to our comprehensive health and wellbeing program.
- To apply for this position please complete the online application form, including your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability to the role.
- To access the position description please visit https://careers.cardinia.vic.gov.au/our-jobs/ please note you will need to scroll to the bottom of the advertised position to access the PD.
- Applications close: 21 August 2022 or until this position has been filled.
- For application queries please contact 1300 787 624, and ask to speak to a member of the recruitment team, if you require further information regarding the position, please ask for Roland Rozario
Cardinia Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment and a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. We welcome applicants from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to explore career opportunities with Cardinia Shire Council. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. 1300 787 624
Cardinia Shire Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse, gender inequality, racism, violence against women and family violence.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Check, pre-employment medical and obtain or hold a valid Working with Children Check.
You must have valid Australia Working Rights to be considered for this role