$98,967 - $111,633 (plus super)
Defence Science & Technology’s (DST) National Security Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Division (NSID) are looking for a suitably experienced and motivated candidate with a keen interest in modern software development techniques, technologies, and methodologies.
The ISR Integration Specialist will, under limited guidance, be responsible for undertaking research and development activities of considerable complexity within the Integrated ISR domain. This involves leading the development of exemplar information software architectures to address emerging and future Defence requirements for the next generation integrated ISR enterprise. The architectural design and subsequent application developments will involve selecting, adapting, assessing, and integrating Free and Open-Source Software, and some Commercial Off-The-Shelf components into the software.
The specialist will be hands-on, as well as providing direction and leadership to a small development team in the areas such as software engineering techniques, technologies, and methodologies.
The Integrated ISR Specialist will use their skills and experience with professional, science and engineering standards to ensure the science and technology (S&T) outcomes are grounded, robust and aligned with the broader strategic objectives. They will contribute to the creative application of existing knowledge and development of new knowledge through research and innovation.
They will help product direction and be responsible for creating and curating suitably sized work packages to be undertaken by the team in an iterative and incremental approach. They will have considerable stakeholder/partner engagement and will be required to identify relevant stakeholders’ expectations and requirements to develop a sound methodology that achieves the desired outcomes for all parties.
This position will require the successful applicant to work in teams and engage with staff more broadly across DST, Defence, industry and academic partners in order to achieve the required Defence outcomes. Duties and Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for management and co-ordination of research and development into ISR integration concepts, techniques, software and infrastructure to deliver outcomes.
- Responsible for evaluation of different methods for applying knowledge and determining the best method to progress systems engineering outcomes.
- Accountable for managing allocated resources, setting work area priorities, managing workflows, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes.
- Accountable for quality and timely completion of work and research. This includes the publication and reporting of new techniques and results.
- Manage and maintain currency in the software engineering field.
- Accountable to contribute towards ongoing self-improvement and professional development.
- Explain considerably complex information in the area of enterprise ISR Integration to partners, clients, ADF, and as required. Work collaboratively with team members to define and solve problems. This includes sharing own expertise with others and guiding and mentoring less experienced employees.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
Application Closing Date: Friday 22 June 2018
For further information please review the job information pack, reference DST/01993/18 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers.