Council’s Commercial Operations Directorate seeks a qualified and highly skilled civil engineer to provide leadership and expertise in the delivery of design services associated withforfrontline civil infrastructure programs.
- Remuneration package from a minimum of $104,000 gross per annum (inclusive of superannuation) plus applicable Award based allowances
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- Generous leave entitlements
- Varied and challenging projects with scope to innovate and create
- Dedicated and supportive team environment
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Relocation assistance
Your new role:
The position will see you responsible for leading teams that deliver timely design services associated with frontline Council Civil Infrastructure programs, which includes road, traffic management/planning, drainage and sewer services. This will encompass survey and design (concept and detail), planning, asset management, technical and maintenance priorities and input into strategic plans.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering
- Certified Professional Engineer or eligibility or intent to progress to CP Engineer
- Extensive work experience in a large and varied engineering environment with technical knowledge of operations and management of civil infrastructure and a particular emphasis on Traffic Engineering/Modelling and Hydrology
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Covering letter,
- Current Resume, and
- Statement Addressing the Position Criteria contained within the Position Description.
What is next?
Applications close Friday, 15 June 2018 @ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 25 June 2018.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nsw.gov.au/management-and-engineering-opportunities
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Peter Ross, Manager Technical & Strategy on 02 6926 9647.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Wagga Wagga City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer, working to ensure its workforce is representative of the community it services and encourages diversity within its teams.