Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking a motivated, committed and highly skilled engineering practitioner with string leadership and operational skills to play a crucial role in the delivery of a portfolio of Council projects.
- Attractive package plus applicable Award based allowances
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- Generous leave entitlements
- Varied and challenging projects with scope to innovate and create
- Dedicated and supportive team environment
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Relocation assistance
- Leaseback agreement
Your new role:
The Manager Project Delivery is responsible for leading and managing the delivery of various portfolio Council projects ensuring defined performance, financial and timeframe requirements are achieved using project management tools, methodologies and best practice.
You will provide expert advice and support to the Commercial Operations Director; project Sponsor(s), and external stakeholders on portfolio performance; lead a high-performing team ensuring the appropriate expertise and support to deliver against project goals is achievable and foster a culture of learning, collaboration and ethical behaviour.
The position is a "hands-on" role providing the opportunity and experience in managing executive-level expectations in both public and private sectors, whilst ensuring a holistic approach in achieving outcomes for Council's strategic objectives.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (e.g. Civil/Structural) are mandatory for this role
- Project Management Qualifications
- Extensive experience in the development and delivery of large scale projects as well as the ability to deliver on multiple large projects in a complex civil infrastructure environment.
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Covering letter,
- Current Resume, and
- Statement Addressing the Position Criteria contained within the Position Description.
What is next?
Applications close Friday, 15 June 2018 @ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 25 June 2018.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nsw.gov.au/management-and-engineering-opportunities
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Caroline Angel on 02 6926 9401.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Wagga Wagga City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer, working to ensure its workforce is representative of the community it services and encourages diversity within its teams.