Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking a motivated, committed and highly skilled engineering practitioner with strong leadership, operational and technical skills to play a crucial role in the delivery of operational and maintenance works programs.
- Attractive package plus applicable Award based allowances
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- Generous leave entitlements
- Varied and challenging projects with scope to innovate and create
- Dedicated and supportive team environment
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Relocation assistance
- Leaseback agreement
Your new role:
The role requires a highly skilled engineering practitioner to take responsibility for leading a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of operational works programs, maintenance and construction including underground operations and wearing and pavement surfaces of the Wagga Wagga Local Government Area.
In this critical management role, your ability to motivate and lead a multi- discipline team and to work in partnership with managers and across Directorates will be measured a success by the delivery of the objectives set in Council’s Delivery Program and Operational Plan.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering and demonstrated years of experience in Civil Engineering in a busy and complex environment.
- Project Management Certification or demonstrated extensive experience in this area.
- To be a highly skilled engineering practitioner who takes responsibility for leading a multi-disciplinary team.
- The ability to lead, engage, mentor and develop the Operations team, ensuring effective personnel management.
What you need to do now:
All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Covering letter,
- Current Resume, and
- Statement Addressing the Position Criteria contained within the Position Description (a template has been provided below for use within applications).
What is next?
Applications close Friday, 15 June 2018 @ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 25 June 2018.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.wagga.nsw.gov.au/management-and-engineering-opportunities
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Caroline Angel on (02) 6926 9400.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Wagga Wagga City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer, working to ensure its workforce is representative of the community it services and encourages diversity within its teams.