PERMANENT | FULL TIME
Salary up to $1,737.91 per week plus superannuation
A 3.5% civil liability allowance may also apply
(Depending upon qualifications and experience)
Recruitment No 18043
Use your engineering design skills to make a difference in our community
We are currently investing in our largest ever capital works program and are excited to be offering an opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join our positive and motivated Structural and Architectural Design team. This team is responsible for the design of Council's buildings and infrastructure, including bridges, retaining walls and sea walls.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a qualified Structural Engineer with experience in structural design and management. You will need excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable you to work closely with key internal and external stakeholders and consultants to deliver quality outcomes which directly benefit the community.
Please note that for your application to be considered you must address the Selection Criteria individually and attached to your online application www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs
Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
For your application to be considered please ensure that you address the following criteria:
- Completed a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in engineering design and construction with a strong emphasis in the design of buildings and civil engineering structures.
- Demonstrated project management experience coordinating consultants to deliver multiple projects that meet strict deadlines, budgets and deliver identified outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in applying relevant legislative, statutory and industry standards in relation to structural, civil and building designs.
- Demonstrated experience investigating, analysing and resolving difficult design problems.
- Demonstrated experience applying Risk Management and Workplace Health and Safety principles and policies to civil design projects and the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision on a diverse range of design projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan the use of resources to meet the requirements of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a number of conflicting priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to relate to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to present accurate, concise and timely reports on relevant matters.
For further information regarding this position please contact Jon Griffiths on (02) 4227 7653.
Applications close at 12 midday on Monday 26 March 2018
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.