Salary up to $1,900.32 per week plus super and a 3.5% civil liability allowance
(Depending upon qualifications and experience)
Recruitment No 18037
We are currently investing in our largest ever capital works program and are excited to be offering an opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our positive and motivated Civil Design team. This team is responsible for the design of the growing West Dapto Urban Release Area, Whytes Gully Tip and other major pieces of infrastructure within the City.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a qualified Civil Engineer with experience in civil design and contract design management. You will need excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable you to work closely with key internal and external stakeholders and consultants to deliver quality outcomes which directly benefit the community.
Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part-time or temporary roles.
For your application to be considered please ensure that you address the following criteria:
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in Civil engineering design and construction with a strong emphasis in the design of civil infrastructure.
- Demonstrated project management experience coordinating consultants to deliver multiple projects that meet strict deadlines, budgets and deliver identified outcomes.
- Experience in applying relevant legislative, statutory and industry standards in relation to civil engineering design.
- Demonstrated experience investigating, analysing and resolving difficult design problems.
- Demonstrated experience applying Risk Management and Workplace Health and Safety principles and policies to civil design projects and the workplace.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision on a diverse range of design projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan the use of resources to meet the requirements of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a number of conflicting priorities simultaneously.
- Understanding of the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and how these apply to the work environment.
- High level written, interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to relate to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to present accurate, concise and timely reports on relevant matters.
For further information please contact Luke Dean on (02) 4227 7701.
Applications close at 12 midday on Monday 19 March 2018
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.