Forget about sitting in traffic for hours and paying for parking. It’s all about balance and in Goulburn, we believe in a great work/life balance. Just 2 hours from Sydney, less than 1 hour from Canberra and 1.5 hours to the coast, right now in Goulburn, your next career opportunity awaits with Goulburn Mulwaree Council.
Would you like a role where you can be proud of where you live? In this position, you will be able to take pride in maintaining and improving our parks, roads and buildings and know that you have contributed to the way in which the community view the region.
Join Council’s Works unit where you will coordinate planned and reactive maintenance works across Councils urban and rural roads, drainage structures, footpaths, cycle ways, kerb and gutter, parks and reserves.
The successful applicant will hold:
- Tertiary qualifications in a Civil Engineering discipline or equivalent extensive experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated high level ability to supervise staff and contractors in civil and building maintenance projects
- Demonstrated high level team leadership ability, written and oral communication skills
- Commencing salary between $1,597.85 – $1,798.35 per week, plus 9.5% superannuation and an additional 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance.
- Fully maintained leaseback motor vehicle as a discretionary benefit
- 35 hour week working a 19 day 4 week period
- Generous Award workplace conditions
- A challenging, flexible and fun team work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing programs
For more information and how to apply, please visit www.goulburn.nsw.gov.au. The Selection Criteria must be addressed to be considered for the role.
Applications close Monday, 22nd January 2018 at 5pm.
The contact officer for this position is Andrew Cartwright, Business Manager Works on 02 4823 4475
One team delivering with Passion Respect Innovation Dedication Excellence