- 3 Year Fixed Term Contract, Exciting New Position for 2018!
- $86,510pa - $100,352pa + Super, 35 hrs, 19 day month + Leaseback Vehicle
- Enviable lifestyle location in the Southern Highlands
About the role
Currently, Water and Sewer Branch are seeking a professional Technical Advisor - Electrical to be based at Mittagong Depot delivering specialist electrical services on Council's Water and Sewer assets.
Our Water and Sewer Staff manage 2 dams, 3 Water Treatment plants, 29 water reservoirs, 15 water pump stations, 6 sewerage treatment plants, 81 sewer pump stations and all operational activities related to the water supply across the Shire.
This 3 year fixed term contract position offers a salary range of $86,510pa - $100,352pa based on relevant skills, qualifications and experience; a 35 hour week with a 19 day four week cycle and access to a Council Leaseback Vehicle.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering, with an electrical trade qualification and / or Certificate III in electro-technology.
- Current NSW Electrical commercial trade licence.
- Expertise in Third Generation SCADA systems.
- Experience and competency to design, monitor, diagnose and rectify control system faults.
- Proven project management experience, including planning, communicating and coordinating.
- Experience in managing preventative and reactive maintenance schedules.
- A proven ability to lead and mentor a multi-disciplinary team.
- Skills in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and other work related systems.
- Current class "C" Drivers Licence.
There will be a requirement to work on-call arrangements on occasions.
Located in the beautiful Southern Highlands, Wingecarribee Shire Council is within comfortable travelling distance of Sydney, Canberra, the South Coast and the Illawarra. With four distinct and stunning seasons combined with glorious countryside rich in biodiversity and appeal, it's an enviable lifestyle location.
To apply for this position please visit www.wsc.nsw.gov.au (Careers @ Council) to view the position description which also contains the key selection criteria. Please complete the online application process by submitting your resume, cover letter and a separate document addressing the selection criteria.
Please note: The online process allows for three items to be uploaded i.e. Resume, Covering Letter and "Address to Selection Criteria".
Further information can be obtained by contacting Jonathan Hook, Manager Water and Sewer on 02 4868 0533 or 0428 643 993
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
This is re-advertised position, previous applicants need not reapply.
Applications close Sunday 21 January 2018.