APS Level 4/5-6 (S&T Level 3-4)
$63,236 - $86,844 (plus super)
Fishermans Bend, VIC
Aligning to the existing Science and Technology (S&T) direction and supervision, the successful candidate will contribute to high impact work in the development of test control systems for component and full-scale aircraft structural testing. The main duties will include:
- Research and development of test control methods and systems for different test applications, particularly for those that are more complex and challenging.
- Explore concepts and design experiments to model and simulate the control characteristics of test structures.
- Analyse and hands-on technical input for the problem-solving and diagnosis of various test systems.
- Develop control system specifications, be involved in acquisition and evaluation processes; also provide through-life support to systems, including the transitioning from legacy test systems to new designs.
- Contribute to complex test system development and commercial off the shelf integration, including sensory systems, data acquisition and conditioner systems and communication and information systems (covering both software and hardware understanding), into the systems of large scale tests.
- Develop software and hardware driver interfaces to enable integration of different test system components.
- Be involved in the detailed design and analysis of analogue and digital hardware circuitry, at the component level.
- Instigate advance engineering practices and procedures to facilitate high quality experimental outcomes.
Application Closing Date: 20 June 2017
For further information please review the job information pack, reference DST/00811/17 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in Australia.